Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

 
Mom here: We want to say thank you to all the Veterans that have served so that we can enjoy freedoms.  We know freedom is not free or cheap. 

My Dad serves in Paten's Spearhead in a tank with 4 other guys.   They called one 'Old Man' because he was 24.  He took me to a museum and we got to see the inside of a tank.  I can not imagine being  in it with 4 other men much less living in it for a year.  He was at the battle of the Bulge and survived, just.  They lost their tank, but one of the guys pulled him to safety.  Perez called Dad every Christmas eve until Dad passed and then he called Mom, just to remember where they were and how they had saved each others lives that night.

My  Father in law was in the Air Force and did not see combat, but was in the Occupation Army stationed in Germany after the war was over.   My Dad saw the fighting side of war and he saw the recovery side.

My Son is in the Army now.  He has been to Iraq twice during the last 'war'.  He knows a different type of war from his Grandfathers, not better, just different. 

WE were lucky that all of ours came home safely.  Many were not so lucky. 

Thank you!  Service men and women and support personnel for our freedom!

9 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are proud to know them through you blog. Thanks to all veterans everywhere. We love you each and every day!

Sparkle said...

Many grateful purrs for our veterans today - I had no idea that so many of my blogging friends had humans or very close relatives who have served!

The Island Cats said...

Thank you to all your family members that served...and your son who is currently serving! They are true heroes!!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We haf many that haf served too. We are grateful. Thank you veterans!

RoySr said...

All the males and two of the females in my family for three generations back served in the military. Luckily all came home when their time of service was over. One came back missing parts, but he lived to be an old man with a large family. I served as well.

My thanks go out to the ones who gave their all, and too special thanks to the two I call my special friends. They gave their lives to save mine.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Thank you to your family--and to all those who have served and who continue to do so. Purrs to all.

Old Kitty said...

Thank you to all your family - hugs and purrs, take care
x

A few Good Cats said...

We should always honor those who served their country...

Men's Shoes said...

Veteran's Day must be celebrated with full zeal and zest.
I like your cats as well.
They are so cute adorable and loving!