Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Live Strong Day 2012



 

Live strong.  Think about that for a minute. What does that mean to you?

  Not  just to those living with the big bad 'c' but to those around them and that love them .  I did not capitalize that c because it is evil and does not deserve the extra attention. It causes pain to those who have it and those who suffer with their loved ones. We all have lost someone to this horrible disease or know someone fighting it

I lost an Aunt,  father-in-law, my Dad and a nephew (29) and many friends to this.  I watched them suffer through knowing there was nothing I could do for them. They taught me to Live Strong. To laugh, smile and sing when I did not want to, but it gave them some comfort.

To Poppy Vic who lost his battle and Ann who is going to Live Strong  with out her beloved husband.
To JudiBub who is still fighting and Tracy , the girls and Jidi's Mom who are Living Strong to support her.

This disease affects out beloved pets, too.  Most recently  Lilly Lu. Her family is learning how to Live Strong while missing her.

THere are many others that I have not nammed, but they and their families are all in out thoughts, prayers and purrs.


LIVE STRONG and lets beat the terrible 'c'



7 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We must defeat the Evil C. It doesn't fight fair but I do believe that together we can whip it.

Sparkle said...

I am purring for a cure - it WILL happen!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Our mum is like you and refuses to give it a capital letter. We purr and pray that a world without cancer is not far away.

The Florida Furkids said...

We LiveStrong today and purr and pray for an end to this horrible disease.

The Florida Furkids

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I join in with the wish that one day there wil be no more of the evil c. Hugs GJ xx

Sweet Purrfections said...

We dream of a cancer free world.

The Island Cats said...

We purr for a cure. Livestrong!